Sorry for the delayed posting, we have been in some remote areas and didn't have WiFi access...so here it goes:
The hotel in San Antonio was wonderful and very pet friendly. On Sunday am we left the hotel and headed into downtown San Antonio. I toured the Alamo while Ike stayed in the car with the girls. It was too hot to let them in the car without AC.
The Alamo was really interesting. The history there is incredible. I had a great time just wondering around, in and out of buildings and reading all the information I could gather. I was able to tour the church on site (the Alamo was originally a mission post) and was amazed at how the church made it through all the strife that occured.
After I finished the Alamo, we went back and forth about whether or not to take the dogs on the River Walk. It was so hot outside, we decided that it was too warm for them to be out. It was a safety call at that point.
We left San Antonio and headed to New Mexico. It was Sunday afternoon. We made it to Roswell NM on Monday am about 2. It was so much cooler than TX it was actually funny...Isn't NM the desert? :)
And there we spent our first night in a Walmart parking lot.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment