Saturday, July 4, 2009

Turquois Trail Campground home of the 5 minute shower

We were all set up and laying on our air mattress, looking up at the stars through mesh in our tent. We listened to coyotes howling in the distance. Steph just started nodding off and I saw the sky light up over the mountains miles away. Well, Steph awoke to the sound of me trying to put the rain fly on by myself. Together we got the tent covered in minutes. A good thing too. Within 15 minutes of getting settled in again, the sky exploded and it began to rain...in the desert...again.

"Are we going to okay?" Steph asks me in my sleep. I told her we'll be fine between snores. She could not sleep through the thunder storm that took place feet away from our heads.

In the morning we enjoyed our five minute showers as it was the first shower we had in two days.

-IKE

1 comment:

  1. Thank GOD you showered...I could smell you two from here!!

    ReplyDelete